It’s that time of year again where all I’m craving are cosy evenings in with soups, the fire on and nourishing foods. I love pasta so much, when in Italy or homemade pasta restaurants… However I always feel so bloated when I eat it at home, so I rarely do… Incoming zucchini noodles!
This recipe takes about 10 mins to prepare & cook, it’s so easy, delicious and really hits the spot when craving something comforting.
- 4 zucchini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (you can use coconut oil if you rather)
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic paste (depending on how strong you like it)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- A couple of handfuls of vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn into pieces
- A little salt, to taste
- Trim, prepare & spiralize the zucchini noodles
- Add olive oil (or coconut if using), garlic & red pepper flakes to a large saucepan and cook on a medium heat.
- When the garlic starts to gently bubble in the oil, add the zucchini noodles and cook until al dente (they will have wilted but still want to have a crunch, usually takes me 5 or so mins). As they’re cooking, toss with pasta tongs so they all touch the bottom.
- Once nearly cooked, add in the tomatoes, basil, parmesan and continue to toss.