Your soup-er secret weapon
Lemongrass-Ginger & Turmeric Carrot Blender Soup With Coconut Almond Streusel
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 12 oz carrots, washed, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 8 oz coconut or almond milk
- 1″ piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1″ piece fresh lemongrass
- 1/2- 1 Tbsp turmeric (depending on how much you like the flavour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups vegan broth (depending on how thick you like your soup)
- fresh sprouts for garnish
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
-Heat the coconut oil on a medium heat and add the sliced onions. Cook for a few minutes until soft. Rinse saucepan!
-Add 2/3 of the broth & the chopped carrots and cook for 5 minutes, until carrots have softened.
-In a blender, combine carrots, onions, tahini, almond milk, ginger, garlic and lemongrass and salt. Blend, adding more broth as needed… until soup is desired texture.
-Once soup is desired texture, pour back into the rinsed saucepan and heat. Serve in warm bowls with some sprouts on top for decoration.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do! Xo