How many times have you gone to make a smoothie, and accidentally put too much of one ingredient and it ruined the whole thing. Speaking from experience, this has happened to me too many times to count! So, to help you get the most of out the last few months of 2018 – I’ve created your 1-stop smoothie-shop. Or put it simply, a foolproof green smoothie formula.
After countless smoothie catastrophes, I’ve put together some guiding principles to master the art of smoothie making. Follow this simple guide to create consistently delicious green smoothies:
STEP 1 LIQUIDS:
Choose from the following: almond or oat milk, kefir, cooled herbal tea, or coconut water
STEP 2 GREENS:
Add 1 ½ Cups of any combination of: spinach, kale, parsley or chard
STEP 3 THE GOOD STUFF:
1. FOR A VITAMIN K AND POTASSIUM BOOST: Mix ½ cup of apples, peaches, nectarines and cherries
2. FOR A FIBRE BOOST: Mix ½ cup of strawberries, avocado, pear, banana’s and apples
3. FOR IMMUNITY AND ANTIOXIDANTS: Mix ½ cup of oranges, grapefruit, blueberries and strawberries
4. FOR EXTRA OMEGA-3’s: Mix ½ cup of Grapes, cranberries, melon, avocado, and guava step
4: NUTRITION BOOSTING EXTRAS
– Protein boost: bee pollen, nut butter, raw almonds, or pumpkin seeds
– Detox and metabolism boost: Turmeric, cinnamon, fresh ginger, basil, mint
– Fibre boost: chia seeds or chopped dates
– Omega-3: raw walnuts or flax seeds
STEP 5: THE SUGAR ON TOP
Replace sugary, processed sugar with one of these alternatives: vanilla extract, agave nectar, cacao nibs or raw honey.
Enjoy and let me know how you get on. Xo
Read about the time I did the CPress Balance plan here.