Aside from those years at school when pasta with quite-literally-anything was the go, I’ve never been that person to eat pasta unless I’m in an Italian restaurant. This recipe has rapidly changed that.
Ok so I know this might seem like a summery one because of the crab and fresh chilli/coriander combo but I promise it’ll remind you of those summer evenings whilst warming you up perfectly!
300g crab meat (you can use white & brown or one or the other… Whatever you like)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Large handful of parsley
1 1/2 large red chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
1 lemon, quartered
5 tbsp olive oil
– Boil a large pan of water and add the linguine. Cook for as long as it says on the packet (usually 7-9 mins).
– Whilst the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil and crushed garlic to a pan and cook on a medium heat, then chop the chilli and add to the oil & garlic. Let this infuse for 5 mins.
– Chop the coriander and take the oil, chilli & garlic off the heat… Leave it to cool for a minute and then add the crab meat and the majority of the coriander (keeping aside some to sprinkle on for serving), stir well.
– Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the crab etc and mix well, ensuring that the pasta is completely covered.
– Chop the lemon into quarters and serve ASAP.